By Dan Santy Friday 16 November 2012 Updated: 19/12 15:34
POLICE are exploring the possibility the huge blaze which destroyed a discount furniture warehouse was started by a stray firework or Chinese lantern.
The fire, which destroyed Somers Road based Let's Buy Furniture and all the stock and records held inside on Sunday November 5, is now being treated as unexplained by officers investigating.
A Warwickshire Police spokeswoman said the evidence gathered so far was inconclusive.
She added: "We are keeping an open mind as to what may have caused the fire and looking at all possibilities, including that the fire could have been inadvertently caused by a Chinese lantern or stray firework.
"Police are keen to hear from anyone who let off fireworks or lit Chinese lanterns or other items to celebrate Bonfire Night anywhere in the Somers Road area on Saturday November 4 between 8.30pm and 9.30pm."
Any witnesses, or anyone with information, is asked to contact DS Phil Pawsey on 01788 856125.
TO eat or not to eat is the
DRUG drivers are as much a target for
BULLDOZERS have moved in to flatten the old
A MAN whose body was found in the
AN AMBITIOUS £59million plan to move council staff into a ...
GYPSIES finally evicted from their illegal Greenbelt camp in Meriden ...
A FORMER detective constable has appeared in court to deny ...
YOUNGSTERS in Bidford were banking on people's generosity to help ...