By Dan Santy Friday 16 November 2012 Updated: 22/11 13:05
POLICE are exploring the possibility the huge blaze which destroyed a discount furniture warehouse was started by a stray firework or Chinese lantern.
The fire, which destroyed Somers Road based Let's Buy Furniture and all the stock and records held inside on Sunday November 5, is now being treated as unexplained by officers investigating.
A Warwickshire Police spokeswoman said the evidence gathered so far was inconclusive.
She added: "We are keeping an open mind as to what may have caused the fire and looking at all possibilities, including that the fire could have been inadvertently caused by a Chinese lantern or stray firework.
"Police are keen to hear from anyone who let off fireworks or lit Chinese lanterns or other items to celebrate Bonfire Night anywhere in the Somers Road area on Saturday November 4 between 8.30pm and 9.30pm."
Any witnesses, or anyone with information, is asked to contact DS Phil Pawsey on 01788 856125.
RUGBY's Foodbank is bracing itself for record demand
BINMEN have been thanked for going beyond the
CHRISTMAS is coming after this year's lights switch
PEOPLE are being warned not to land themselves
A MAN has been arrested after breaking onto a train ...
NUMEROUS opportunities were missed to prevent controversial 'cleavage sparing' mastectomy ...
THE SEARCH is on for Leamington's best new buildings. Nominations ...
ANTI-BADGER cull campaigners will march through Stratford in protest on ...