Hi: 11° Lo:5°
By Dan Santy Friday 16 November 2012 Updated: 22/11 13:05
POLICE are exploring the possibility the huge blaze which destroyed a discount furniture warehouse was started by a stray firework or Chinese lantern.
The fire, which destroyed Somers Road based Let's Buy Furniture and all the stock and records held inside on Sunday November 5, is now being treated as unexplained by officers investigating.
A Warwickshire Police spokeswoman said the evidence gathered so far was inconclusive.
She added: "We are keeping an open mind as to what may have caused the fire and looking at all possibilities, including that the fire could have been inadvertently caused by a Chinese lantern or stray firework.
"Police are keen to hear from anyone who let off fireworks or lit Chinese lanterns or other items to celebrate Bonfire Night anywhere in the Somers Road area on Saturday November 4 between 8.30pm and 9.30pm."
Any witnesses, or anyone with information, is asked to contact DS Phil Pawsey on 01788 856125.
BINMEN have been thanked for going beyond the
CHRISTMAS is coming after this year's lights switch
PEOPLE are being warned not to land themselves
POLICE have charged a teenager and are searching
FEARS Rolls-Royce will close its entire Ansty site are mounting ...
CONTROVERSIAL plans for a muslim cemetery in Catherine de Barnes ...
THE BANDSTAND in the middle of Leamington's Pump Room Gardens ...