By Dan Santy Friday 16 November 2012 Updated: 22/11 13:05
POLICE are exploring the possibility the huge blaze which destroyed a discount furniture warehouse was started by a stray firework or Chinese lantern.
The fire, which destroyed Somers Road based Let's Buy Furniture and all the stock and records held inside on Sunday November 5, is now being treated as unexplained by officers investigating.
A Warwickshire Police spokeswoman said the evidence gathered so far was inconclusive.
She added: "We are keeping an open mind as to what may have caused the fire and looking at all possibilities, including that the fire could have been inadvertently caused by a Chinese lantern or stray firework.
"Police are keen to hear from anyone who let off fireworks or lit Chinese lanterns or other items to celebrate Bonfire Night anywhere in the Somers Road area on Saturday November 4 between 8.30pm and 9.30pm."
Any witnesses, or anyone with information, is asked to contact DS Phil Pawsey on 01788 856125.
CHRISTMAS is coming after this year's lights switch
PEOPLE are being warned not to land themselves
FLOOD warnings remain in place in parts of
POLICE have charged a teenager and are searching
ONE of the city's most historic buildings is to be ...
FORMER players from Villa, Blues, Albion, Wolves, Coventry and Walsall ...
CHRISTMAS came early for a Warwick school choir when they ...
PLANS outlining the £5 million refurbishment of Stratford leisure Centre ...